Choosing what to wear for family photos is often the most difficult part of the whole process. Camera Shy wants the whole family picture process to be a fun, stress-free, and an easy experience, so we complied some helpful tips for finding the perfect outfit for everyone in your family.
- Don’t be too matchy-matchy – Perfectly matching outfits can come across as cheesy on camera. Try to find clothing that is coordinating, not matching. Style your family’s outfits so that they fit in the same color family, and match in texture.
- No logos or shirts with words – You want photos that you will love forever. Clothing with large text or logos distracts from the people in them. Stick to patterns and solid colors.
- Find an inspiration piece – Sometimes you have no idea where to even start planning a look for your whole family. If this is the case for you, we recommend you start with an inspiration piece and build off of it. Find a shirt, dress, skirt, or pair of shoes you love and then choose coordinating pieces that work with it.
- Don’t worry about Camera Shy’s backgrounds – We pinky promise whatever outfits you bring to our studios will look good with the backgrounds Camera Shy has to offer. Each of our studios has a wide variety of backgrounds that are meant to look good with anything you are wearing!
- Wear something you feel good in – If you never wear heels and the kids are never in ties, it might be a good idea to skip these for photos. Being in front of the camera can be uncomfortable, and wearing something you feel good in is key to exuding confidence.
- Take time to preplan – Don’t wait until the last minute to throw together a whole outfit plan for your family. It takes time to find pieces the whole family will look good in AND that look good together.
Still not sure if your outfit works? Our photographers are happy to help. Just give the studio you plan to take your photos at a call and ask us any questions you have.