Camera Shy Jordan Landing got a makeover. Check out a few of the new walls (and some old favorites) you can look forward to seeing next time you come in for a photography session at our West Jordan location.
Click here to book a family, child, couple, newborn, or any other session at Camera Shy Jordan Landing!
Check out a shoot from our other West Jordan location, Gardner Village, here.
1. The younger the better. The best newborn sessions happen very close to birth. We recommend you schedule your session to take place within a week of giving birth. It would be smartest to schedule the appointment before baby is born. However, if you are unable to get in during the first week, don’t worry! Camera Shy promises awesome photos of your child at any age.
2. Nap time is the best time. Schedule your session at a time baby usually naps. Fast asleep littles are just the cutest for photos!
3. Arrive a half hour early. Before your session starts, you will want to fully feed your baby, and put them to sleep. Leaving optimal time to do this at our studio ensures your newborn will be ready to go for pictures. If you know it takes al little longer for your baby to fall asleep, then feel free to arrive even earlier.
4. Bring your own props…or not! Camera Shy has a wide variety of wraps, buckets, baskets, headbands, diaper covers and more. So bring your own props or use ours. The choice is yours! But there is one exception….
5.Want photos of baby in the buff? Bring your own blanket if you want photos of your baby “au naturel.” For sanitary reasons, if you’d like photos of your newborn nude, Camera Shy requires that you bring your own blanket. We recommend this blanket to be clean, lint free, and a texture that will not irritate baby’s skin.
Schedule your newborn photos here now! It’s never too early!
It was a beautiful May evening when these two cute twins made their way to Camera Shy Gardner Village for their senior photos.
The girls brought two outfits each– one casual and one a little more fancy. Seriously, aren’t they so cute!? We couldn’t believe they weren’t models.
They wanted a mix of photos together and individual portraits.
Is it just us or are the seniors getting more and more mature every year?! Congratulations on your graduation ladies.
Sibling photos are so fun. Check out these two young brothers who were just as smooth in front of the camera.
The flowers are blooming, the weather is perfect, and our cameras are ready! Spring is the perfect time for an outdoor photo session with Camera Shy.
Capture your family, seniors, babies, and even pets outdoors in Utah’s beautiful scenery.
Camera Shy Gardner Village outdoor sessions happen in and around Gardner Village.
You wouldn’t believe all the unique places there are in the Village to take photos. The options are endless.
Camera Shy Lehi offers Outdoor Sessions at Highland Glen Park. Camera Shy University Mall in Orem provides customers the option to shoot their session at Bicentennial Park.
Head to our website or call your nearest location to book.
Not sure what to wear in your family pictures? Find great tips here!
Sometimes leaving the house is the last thing you want to do after having a baby. Camera Shy makes it possible to capture your newborn’s first days in the comfort of your own home. Check out some of our favorite captures from a recent In-Home Newborn Shoot.
From tiny feet to the cutest lips ever, this little guy captured the hearts of both parents and photographer.
Camera Shy will even bring some of our props to your home to ensure your newborn photos turn out great.
Newborns aren’t the only reason we will come to your home, any lifestyle shoot can be done on-location in your home or another area of your choice.
Utah has some beautiful homes and we’d love to showcase yours along with your family.
For inquires, email email@example.com or call (509) 251-9297. On-location shoots cost $299 an hour. The location must be within 25 miles of a studio, or a traveling fee will be charged.
Choosing what to wear for family photos is often the most difficult part of the whole process. Camera Shy wants the whole family picture process to be a fun, stress-free, and an easy experience, so we complied some helpful tips for finding the perfect outfit for everyone in your family.
- Don’t be too matchy-matchy – Perfectly matching outfits can come across as cheesy on camera. Try to find clothing that is coordinating, not matching. Style your family’s outfits so that they fit in the same color family, and match in texture.
- No logos or shirts with words – You want photos that you will love forever. Clothing with large text or logos distracts from the people in them. Stick to patterns and solid colors.
- Find an inspiration piece – Sometimes you have no idea where to even start planning a look for your whole family. If this is the case for you, we recommend you start with an inspiration piece and build off of it. Find a shirt, dress, skirt, or pair of shoes you love and then choose coordinating pieces that work with it.
- Don’t worry about Camera Shy’s backgrounds – We pinky promise whatever outfits you bring to our studios will look good with the backgrounds Camera Shy has to offer. Each of our studios has a wide variety of backgrounds that are meant to look good with anything you are wearing!
- Wear something you feel good in – If you never wear heels and the kids are never in ties, it might be a good idea to skip these for photos. Being in front of the camera can be uncomfortable, and wearing something you feel good in is key to exuding confidence.
- Take time to preplan – Don’t wait until the last minute to throw together a whole outfit plan for your family. It takes time to find pieces the whole family will look good in AND that look good together.
Still not sure if your outfit works? Our photographers are happy to help. Just give the studio you plan to take your photos at a call and ask us any questions you have.
These two boys were meant to be in front of the camera, and we’re guessing mom is a celebrity stylist because — CHECK OUT THOSE CUTE OUTFITS.
This spring session was taken at Gardner Village and Camera Shy just can’t get enough of the images.
Older brother is destined to beak hearts in the future with those blue eyes and perfect hair.
We’re making the same prediction for this little guy too. Check out those ringlets!
Sweet smiles and bright eyes that just won’t quit.
Hope this fulfilled your daily dose of cuteness.
If you’d like to book a session at Camera Shy, click here.
Camera Shy loves spring! It’s a time for bright colors, happy faces…and BUNNIES! Check out some shots from a recent family photography session at Camera Shy Gardner Village in West Jordan.
Aren’t these guys soooo cute? We can’t get enough of all the brother and sister love going around. Plus, Mom and Dad are total babes!
Okay, they are just straight up goals.
How sweet are these girls and their brother?
And finally…can’t forget about the bunnies! Easter photos are so much fun!
Does your family need photos? Click this link to book now!
Is your little boy or girl celebrating their 1 year birthday? The perfect way to mark the occasion is by adding a cake smash to the end of their birthday session. The concept for a cake smash is pretty simple: cake + hungry 1 year old = all the cuteness.
Here are some tips Camera Shy says will help make the cake smash birthday pictures perfect:
- The best age for a cake smash is 11-13 months old.
- Have baby try cake prior to their session so they know what it tastes like and can get excited about eating it.
- Schedule your session during a time of day the little one is usually the happiest. This might be right after lunch, midmorning, or even a few hours before bed.
- Choose a cake that is smaller sized. Camera Shy has found 6 or so inches works best.
- Bright colored frosting makes for a super fun mess!
- Avoid fondant, as it might be difficult for baby to break into.
- We recommend diaper covers or cloth diapers as opposed to disposable diapers for the best photos
If you have any further questions, contact your local Camera Shy in Orem, Lehi, Jordan Landing (West Jordan), or Gardner Village!
Note: We say cake smash, but you can really bring any messy food — pasta, pizza, tacos! It’s all adorable!